Recipe for six portions/people
* 1kg of alive snails(Helix aspersa Muller)
* 300g of raw bacon
* 4 tins of cut tomatoes or 1 kg of fresh tomatoes
* 4 big cloves of garlic
* 1 onion
* Spring onion with chives
* Parsley top
* Chilli paprika
* Bay leaf, thyme and rosemary
* Orange skin
* Pepper, salt , olive oil
How to make it?
* prepare alive snails that have not been fed for about 4 days and wash them cool water
* make them hide in their shell and dispose of slime by using salt
- Wash the slime off with cool water
- Put clean snails into boiling stock
How to prepare a stock?
* put rosemary, bay leaves and orange skin into a pot with water
* add soil and cook for a while on low heat
* put snails into the stock and cook for about 1.5h taking the foam off
How to prepare sauce?
* We fry cut onions and chives in the olive oil
* Add bay leaf, garlic, thyme and cut onions
* Add bacon , mix it and fry it
* Add cut chilli, cut tomatoes and one spoon of ground pepper
Put cooked snails to the sauce. Mix it all and you get ready to eat dish. You should serve it with bread and dry white wine.
Enjoy your meal!